Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hot For Teacher Rewind

Hi everyone!

We're doing kit rewinds during the month of June at Gauche Alchemy, new projects featuring kits already available in the Gauche Alchemy store!

I snagged a canvas wall hanging that I didn't want to use on the wall anymore but wasn't going to toss it. I mean, come on...I'm all about recycling and stuff. So I grabbed my Hot for Teacher Kit and made this:



There was this really cool school-ish black and white scrapbook paper so I started with that and decided to stick with that black and white color scheme. I felt the paper was too dark so I added a wash of diluted white paint. Then I thought it was too light so I broke out my black Dylusions mist. Much better!



After adding some torn pictures from a yearbook page included with the kit, I added some washi tape and pieces from the Wedding Night and Black Out Mixed Media Color Kits.

Done and done! Now I just need to figure out what else is currently hanging on my walls that I can take down and "recharge". :P

5 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME Maggi!!! I love love love the the way you added the mists and loving the little googly eyes! lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and cool project! I've been working with a canvas and I can't get it right.. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like that!! I'm usually all about the colour but this is nice!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cool canvas! I may have to get that kit...old year book pictures...how cool is that!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails