Monday, June 18, 2012

Making a List, Forgetting it Twice

Hi everyone!

I've been in sort of a creative funk lately. And it's not a lack of "what" to make but which to focus on first. Then I get into a pattern of starting 10 different things and then nothing gets finished. Grrrr...

So to combat that, I made a list of everything that needs to get done and I have to say that so far it's helped a lot. Seeing a list of projects on the table does make it seem more bearable. When you're bogged down in multiple creative directions (or even mediums) it can really drive you bonkers.



When my brother passed away, I found it hard to find joy in any of my usual activities: blogging, creating things, etc. I guess that's natural when it comes to grief but it's time to get back in gear...with a lot of things.

Luckily today I feel better than I have in weeks so I'm pouncing on that spark of energy before it burns itself out. I'm pretty sure my hands are stained for life but it's totally worth it.

11 comments:

  1. You're right, Maggi, It does take a while to get back in the groove of life after losing a loved one. It's good to see you with inky fingers again and I'm loving your list!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggi, I am glad to hear that you are feeling better today! I am sure it takes a lot of time and you will need that time before you get back to your everyday life. I still think about you all the time:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggi, I think I was in the same boat for the end of last year and first half of this year. We've lost so many people and it has to take effect somewhere :(

    I'm just rediscovering my mojo and don't know what to do first half the time... Am so glad you are getting your groove thang back and I love the list idea - so much I am stealing it :)

    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are feeling a littl ebetter and you will get there properly in the end :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy you had that little spark of energy! Hope those stains are out of your hands soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, maggi. I can relate. When you are grieving, it is hard to find joy in anything. Look for what small things DO bring you joy and seize them! For me, it was a Nia class on the beach. The waves, the birds, the shells, the sand and the movement we did brought me wonder & peace even though I was still grieving.

    My best advice is to do something creative - anything!! Don't let your list overwhelm you . . . randomly pick something and make yourself start and then follow through till it's done. You may not like it, but just the act of doing it can be therapeutic. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. your list reminds me of my lists!! Love ya girl...and big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love list making Maggi...I've never gotten as far as making lists of my lists (but I've been close ;) as always my creativity comes in spurts...right now I've done (am doing) multitudinous small drawings in small notebooks. so what ever get you going is a good thing...ride the wave!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure you'll get there, Maggi, you just need to give it time! And don't worry about it, let creativity come to you and it surely will!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's hard. But you will get there eventually. Stay positive Maggi! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Maggi! That's my list! How weird you found it! I still have my almost-two-year-old's baby blanket-he-was-supposed-to-have-since-birth to do. You know, the perfect gift for a 14-year-old.

    Glad to have your posts again! We've missed you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails