Friday, June 8, 2012

Mixed Media Blythe Dress

Hi everyone!

Over at Gauche Alchemy, a challenge was issued to create a doll dress (or a complete doll) without using fabric or the traditional dress making materials. Today we unveiled our own little mixed media fashion show and here's what I created:



I thought this was a really exciting challenge because I've been looking for a way to combine my love for mixed media with my doll obsession. :D My first thought was to create a tutu with punchinella so I went from there using a dress pattern from Puchi Collective.



I painted some Ouchless Cardboard peach, misted it a little and added a monster because what goes better with tutus than monsters?



I also added a band using washi tape and the eyes of the monster are actually stock Blythe eyechips I had handy.



So there you have it! Larue can't sit down but she looks cute. And since when does fashion need to be functional anyway? :P You can see all of the latest in art doll fashion over at the Gauche Alchemy blog!

14 comments:

  1. Oh what a fun idea!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun Maggi! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggi this is amazing!!!! You are too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cute little outfit! Great details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I SO adore her punchinella tutu!!! And little monster??? SWEET!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cool, I miss you! I want to do another CAL with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooooooo adorable!! LVOING that little monster shirt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keyute! I would like to order one in my size, please. I never sit down anyway, so it'd be perfect! Hooray for tutus and monsters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's incredibly cute and chic!
    Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this, Maggi!! Awesome :) And it's cute, too! I love the little monster on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Came over from Flickr! You're so creative! Love the little monster on the dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How much fun is that!? I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails