Monday, July 23, 2012

Creating My Own Wonderland

Hi everyone!

I got a new doll a while back and decided to reimagine her as a Wonderland character. She's not an exact character, more "Wonderland-esque". :D I'm still waiting on some things before I can finish her up but this is the doll I started with:

Come on! I'm Pretty Cute!

And this is what I've done so far:

We're All Mad Here...

I sanded her original make-up off and carved her lips, nose and philtrum. I then used acrylics, chalk pastels and watercolor pencils to give her a new face up along with adding a new wig. I also altered a pair of her eyechips with book pages and acrylic paint.

I decided she would be a "Hatter's Apprentice" of sorts and so I altered this little hat with bits and bobs from Gauche Alchemy:

Every Hatter Needs a Hat

Every good Hatter needs their own Dormouse so I commissioned Christy from Dots Dashes and Doodles to create this sweet needle felted Throwaway Pet. :)

This has been a fun project to work on, I've been really thinking about ways to combine my love for dolls with my love for mixed media and getting my craft on. :)

12 comments:

  1. Wow, I LOVE what you've done to her! I haven't a clue about how you'd go about sanding off make up and re doing it all, and her eyes - her eyes are fantastic!

    Funky little hat and felted dormouse too :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness,
      You did an amazing job on the face. She is hauntingly beautiful and very Wonderlandish. I cannot wait to see her when she is complete.

      Wishes and Whimsy
      Wendy from Wonderland

      Delete
  2. I can't believe how you did the eyes!!! They look terrific. Amazing work!

    -kory

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big fan of dolls but your doll alterations are amazing! I can totally see the Wonderland-essque, I love it! The hat and dormouse are awesome too.
    Can't wait to see the finished 'product' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMYGOSH!!! I am IN LOVE!!! I love love love love her makeup and that HAT!!! OMG!!! That hat is AMAZING!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome, Maggi!! Wow!! She looks gorgeous & I love what you've done!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE her new face! So much character and a fantastic expression. The book pages for the eye chips work so well. Can hardly wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! You've done a great job on her face. Can't wait to see her completely finished.

    Smiles~
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vast improvement. Very creative. I just barely know some of the things you are referring to.

    I found you from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! I had no idea you could even do something like that with a doll. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails