Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Purple and Red Canvas

Hi everyone!

Today I've got an 11x14 canvas that I made for the swap Gauche Alchemy did with Viva Las Vegas Stamps. Can I just say, I am a COMPLETE loser when it comes to stamps. I've just never gotten the hang of using them. Luckily when you stamp on a background, you don't need perfection. lol


After painting the background and stamping on it with the Fifties background stamp from VLVS, I added this picture from a vintage crochet pattern book, some doo dads from my stash along with pieces from the Scarlet Fever and Purple People Eater Mixed Media Color Kits.

I used some folk art washi tape around the edge of the canvas (I can never leave a canvas edge naked, lol).


I seem to be in the habit of working with a two color combo and red/purple is one of my favorites. I hope you're all doing well and having a great week so far!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, purple red combo! Love the retro feel you've created. You stamp wonderfully...well, at least it looks like you do :) LOVE to see what you're up too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. your creations are always inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AWESOME Maggi! I love love love the colors and loveeeeeeeeeeee the stamped background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooo sweet! I really love this colour combo. Love the washi-fied edges too...now I'm gonna make sure my canvas edges are no longer naked...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely and fun canvas - I too like the Washi'd edges :) I love the 'Please don't laugh...' text, that's funny!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Maggi!!! Love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo, the purples in the background are just gorgeous. I love red and purple too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails