Monday, August 20, 2012

Sailing Takes Me Away to Where I'm Gluing

Hi everyone!

I bought this busted up shadow box on clearance at Hobby Lobby a while back:


And there is sat in my box of, "Well, One Day...Maybe" box of things to alter for years. But I decided to give it a new life once I got the Mile High Club mixed media kit.

There is SO much vintage ephemera in this kit so I decided to use pieces of it for my travel shadow box:


I also added some Dylusions mists, pink and blue - one of my favorite color combos.


For the inside, I decided to make "clouds" up top by stenciling modeling paste and using a paper towel roll as my "cloud" stamp.


Happy Monday everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Another winner Maggi! Your awesomeness knows no bounds! :) I love vintage anything but this is super great. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute!

    and i love your song remix title ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooooooooo awesome!! I love love love the colors and the misting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the blue and pink color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really cool. I've always wanted to make a shadow box but I have a feeling that if I got the stuff to make it, it would just sit in my "one day maybe" closet for years. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! I love the colours on it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails