I originally published this week's Friday Night Fab Five back in 2009 but thought I'd repost it again for a couple of reasons:
1. This week has been a tough one as my brother's birthday was yesterday and instead of celebrating with him, my parents and I were busy spreading his ashes.
and 2. I know there are some new readers out there so I thought you might enjoy reveling in some of my most embarrassing moments. I'm giving like that. :P
So without further ado, here's an old post with no pictures that's been slightly updated!
Originally published on 4/3/2009
So I had this idea to post 5 things you may or may not know about me for this week's Friday Night Fab Five. I can't decide if this is an awesome idea, an arrogant idea or an idea that I will immediately regret as soon as I hit "publish". I decided to go ahead with it because in the World Of Blogging, nothing is quite as powerful as the feeling you can post whatever you want with no retribution whatsoever. And since I'm power-hungry *rawr* here is this week's Friday Night Fab Five:
1. In the eighth grade, I auditioned for "The New Mickey Mouse Club". I was rejected and as I was leaving the room, the Casting Director stopped me and asked me to sing the song I had prepared. I had one of those, "It's happening!" only-in-Hollywood type of moments until about half way through the FIRST verse of my song when he stops me and very politely tells me to get out. So had I been able to sing, I may have been a Mouseketeer and have my very own "E! True Hollywood Story" by now.
2. On picture day in the fifth grade, we had a totally cheesy photographer that was making stupid jokes in an effort to get me to smile. I was trying to hold in the laughs and as a result blew snot out of my nose at the very moment he snapped the picture. Luckily, my class was standing in line behind me and saw the whole thing. Ironically, the class bully came up to me afterwards and said, "Don't worry about it, that kind of thing just happens".
3. When I was around 5 or 6, I was at the grocery store with my mom. They had one of those big glass door freezers that holds bags of ice and I wondered to myself how cold it was in there once the door was closed. As Mom was checking out, I opened the door, climbed in and the door closed behind me. It was then that I realized that I couldn't get the door opened and it was also then that Mom noticed I was gone. I spent a minute or two watching her run back and forth in front of the freezer yelling my name. When she finally saw where I was, she was laughing so hard at me standing on bags of ice looking quite satisfied with myself that the manager had to come and open the door to let me out. P.S.-I was fine and yes, that freezer is cold with the door closed.
4. Many years ago, I was on the phone with a friend of mine. I was playing on the computer (here's how long ago it was: I was using AOL on dial up) and was barely listening to her as she was telling me about some event thingie she wanted me to go to with her. I finally gave an absentminded, "Sure I'll go, sounds like fun!" to which she replied, "Going to a funeral sounds like fun?!" Oh, she was talking about going to a funeral and I said it sounded like fun? Yeah, there's no coming back from that.
5. When I was pregnant with Toot, my husband, my mom and I went to Babies R Us to look at crib bedding. While there I accidentally farted and instinctively said, "Oops, sorry y'all!" really loud. This wouldn't have been so bad except it was then that I noticed a sales associate sitting directly behind my backside at the special ordering desk. Oops!
Well, that's it for this week's Friday Night Fab Five! What's the point of a blog if I can't use it to entirely humiliate myself, right? Have a great weekend everyone!
Musical challenge - MixedvMedia Place
3 hours ago