Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday Night Fab Five

Hi everyone!

Long before marriage, kids, heck even blogging, I was (and proudly am) a geek. Lots of geeks specialize in one or two areas (i.e.-gamers, Trekkies, LARPing, etc), I'm more of a "jack of all trades" sort of geek, dipping my toe into various geeky pools. Here's 5 things I'm geeking out over this week in the Friday Night Fab Five:


1. "I'm So Happy I Can Dance" by The Salteens



My girls are obsessed with Yo Gabba Gabba and I'm woman enough to admit that I like watching it too. Not sure what it is but I think it could be that it reminds me of the freaky shows I use to watch as a kid. But another thing is that they feature super cool bands the parents can get into. Like The Salteens and their song, "I'm So Happy I Can Dance". I'm pretty sure there are more adults that watch this show than there are kids...

2. Doctor Who is Back! Doctor Who is Back!

Image Credit

How in the name of geeks did it take me SO long to get into this show?! Anyway, it's awesome, it starts back up tomorrow. WOO HOOOOOOOOO! Speaking of geeks...

3. The Nerdist

Image Credit

Listen to the podcasts, watch the show on BBC America, hit The Nerdist up on just about every social media outlet you can imagine, just jump in! Chris Hardwick and his merry band of geeks are hilarious.

4. Death Star Tea Infuser
Image Credit

No.Way. This is the coolest thing EVER from Think Geek.

5. Home Slurpee Machine

Image Credit

Also from Think Geek, it's a home Slurpee machine! W00t!

And there you have it, another Friday Night Fab Five for the ages! What were your favorites this week?

10 comments:

  1. So have watched Yo Gabba Gabba... but can't admit I like it... lol!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DON'T BLINK! yay we have it back tonight too :D The angels are my very favourite monsters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The angels are so effective...and so terrifying!

      Delete
  3. We watched Doctor Who tonight - it was brilliant. But have you seen Doctor Who with David Tennant as the Doctor - HE IS THE BEST DOCTOR. EVER. If you haven't, make sure you do. You can thank me later.

    The Salteens 'I'm So Happy' song is so annoying I wanted to smash their smug little faces in. I'm pretty sure most adults avoid this Yo Gabba Gabba show like the plague.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geez Jo, tell me how you really feel! LOLOLOL I'm typically annoyed by every kids show my babies watch but for some reason Yo Gabba Gabba makes me smile. lol

      I have watched the Tennant episodes and he is really awesome but I admit it, I'm a Matt Smith girl. :D I can't wait to watch tonight's episode!

      Delete
    2. Hey Maggi, sorry if my comment came across as a bit, um, forceful - that's what happens when I'm blogging on a couple of glasses of wine. What seems really funny wearing my wine goggles looks, actually, rather rude in the cold light of day. **Hanging my head in shame**

      However, David Tennant is, in my humble opinion, the best Doctor EVER (and I won't budge on that!) and the Salteens song is still pretty annoying - although I understand it's aimed at kids.

      Still love me?

      xxx

      Delete
    3. LOL No way, I thought your comment was hilarious! Here's to more blogging with wine! :D

      Delete
  4. Backing Jo up here and not just cos she's violent and aggressive and lives quite near me so could come beat me up with a pokey tool...


    Salteens - annoying. David Tennant Best. Doctor. Ever! Espesh when he lapses into his *real* Did you hear me? REAL Scottish accent! *thud*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had forgotten about my Dr. Who obsession... My doctor was the fourth one - Tom Baker. I'm not that old, I was just that young when I was watching it in reruns on PBS. I am going to investigate this new fangled show of which you speak. Oh, and happy SITS day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails