Thursday, January 3, 2013

Long Time, No Blog

Hi everyone!

Long time, no blog! Yes, I'm still around in various virtual forms while my poor little blog collects dust. Well, to be frank, my brother's death last year really made doing much of anything (and finding joy in even less) very difficult. Creatively I've been behind the 8 ball so to speak although my hat shop has been doing quite well so a lot of my time has been spent crocheting stuff like this:

Here's a Tip from the Jedi

and this:

Such a Fussy Foo Foo

But I have been missing mixed media quite a bit lately. I did create some art journal pages but they're pretty dark and depressing so I didn't bother posting those. lol Earlier in 2012 I had signed up for another run with The Sketchbook Project but decided to just skip it once I realized I had wasted a whole year and it was due in mere weeks.

But then I got an idea to combine the project, mixed media and my current obsession with Blythe dolls. I asked other members of the doll community to send me a picture of themselves with their doll(s) and to finish the sentence, "I play with dolls..." I thought this theme was pretty interesting and so I've begun work on a new sketchbook and am racing towards the deadline!

Here's a little bit of work I've done so far on the cover:


I have a long way to go and a short amount of time to get there but working under pressure seems to be the way I do things. lol

I hope you all had a wonderful 2012 holiday season and an awesome New Year! Here's to hoping 2013 is a banner year for all of us! I'll try my best to be around more often!

10 comments:

  1. Such sweet hats! I'm glad to hear the shop's going well. It's good to have you back - although I totally understand your absence. I hope 2013 treats you very well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous hats, I particularly like the rainbow one.
    Good luck with all your projects and your deadlines! And I hope 2013 is a better year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you in blogland! LOVE your doll hats, they are fantastic! All the best for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome hats! Healing can take its sweet time. You needed the time. Nice to hear from you and will look for (hopefully) more posts from you soon. Maybe your muse is awakening...? :) I've missed your sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those hats are ADORABLE!! And love love love your page!!! GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!! You're back **HUGS** Love the hats, Maggi!! I hope 2013 is a way better year for you. You rock, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maggi! Happy 2013! It's good to see you back. I have missed your posts. I hope the new year brings you much happiness and creative mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maggie, I LOVE TO READ YOUR BLOG! And yes I'm yelling at you ;) Those hats are wonderful and the names of the hats are even better! Great sense of humor and great to see ya around. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to see you up and about again...my dad died exactly a year ago on this coming Monday..very very unexpected....it seriously changed my life and that of my biological family...so, needless to say, I get the weird year of nothing much...glad to know you feel creative again and the new project sounds SUPER interesting...can't wait to see it! good luck, keep smiliin...june

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't been around either...grieving is torturous...I've been grieving for Don (deceased husband and best friend) now for 3 1/2 years, it's better but it's years (if I have years) away from being over. I finally realized that I wasn't letting his soul be at peace and he did suffer so, for years, before he died. So I'm trying very hard to be at peace myself, so he can be at peace.

    I signed up for one of the sketchbook things too, after reading about it in one of your posts. I never did anything with mine...admire you so much for making the effort to finish it and get it submitted.

    ((((hugs)))) from Theanne and Baron

    ReplyDelete