Monday, April 22, 2013

Mother Brain #1

mother - noun - a term of address for a female parent or a woman having or regarded as having the status, function, or authority of a female parent.

brain - noun - the part of the central nervous system enclosed in the cranium of humans and other vertebrates, consisting of a soft, convoluted mass of gray and white matter and serving to control and coordinate the mental and physical actions.

mother brain - noun, verb, adjective - The new brain your original brain is replaced with after you have kids. Change typically due to stress, sleep deprivation and constantly hearing, "MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY!"

Example: The other day the family and I decided to go out. I thought I'd put some effort into myself so I did my hair, put on make up, picked out nice clothes and went so far as to put on jewelry. Of course, I ended up leaving the house wearing slippers on instead of real shoes.



Welcome to Mother Brain.

9 comments:

  1. Well... were they pretty slippers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They weren't! I didn't even put on the pretty ones! LOL

      Delete
  2. Too funny! Been there, still am. Even at almost 18, my son hollers MOM, MOM, MOM all the time.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. so your feet were comfy :) and the rest of you looked like Vogue...I love it...sending an old Mommy's ((((hugs)))) to your Mother Brain! BTW what did the kiddies think of your "shoe" choice...was it an event you'll never hear the end of (accompanied by adult children ROFL)???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL They thought it was VERY funny!

      Delete
  4. Too cute! I almost did that yesterday...my slippers just felt sooo good! LOL One time I went to work and my coworker advised me that I had two entirely different earrings on. :) It happens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is definitely something I would do...and my kids are 25 and 23!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats just to funny,LOL...Your family is so fine...Good job.
    XXOO Marie Antionette

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails