Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I Play With Dolls...the Sketchbook!

Hello everyone!

Hey, did you know that I make stuff? Yeah, me neither! :P I'm slowly "waking up" so to speak and getting things back on track, more about that later. In the meantime, my 2013 sketchbook for The Sketchbook Project has been finished for a while. For this one, I decided to make my theme "I Play With Dolls". Some of you may know that I collect and photograph Blythe dolls so I wanted to know why other people "play" with these dolls. I reached out to the doll community and collected their pictures and quotes for my sketchbook.

Here's the cover:



I had a lot of fun making this one! I kept the pages relatively simple since the book had to remain flat. Here are some of the inside pages:









There are a lot more pages and you can see super fancy pants scans of the entire book in the Art House Co-op's digital library! Thanks for taking a peek, I love this project and hope to participate again in the future. :D

11 comments:

  1. This is just awesome!! Glad to see you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cool! Love your sketchbook.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did see your "sketchbook" at Art House Co-op!! loved it!! I'm going to add you to my WordPress blog list of people I like to visit so I can keep up with you Maggi! I never completed my 2013 sketchbook...I've got the 2014 one but haven't started on it :( I just can't seem to decide what to do...I will though (hopefully before the deadline)...I have to thank you Maggi, if I hadn't seen about the Art House Co-op Sketchbook Project on your blog I'd never have known anything about it! Come see me at http://outofmymindimages.com my art blog on WordPress...((((hugs)))) Theanne (are you on Facebook?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did?! That's so awesome, thanks for letting me know! :D I tried visiting your new blog the other day but was having trouble leaving a comment. :/ I'll try again!

      Delete
  4. Love it Maggi - especially the mooning doll and that bit of info at the beginning. To me it seemed like they appeared from nowhere so it's good to read the back story. Am enjoying catching up with you today - it feels like it's been forever so I hope you don't mind my spammy comments ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails