Thursday, July 11, 2013

And That Was All There Was To It

Hi everyone! I've got another 4x4 wood plaque for you today, this time it's round. Oooooooooo fancy!


So I started just by slapping on some gesso and spraying it down with 3 different Dylusions Ink Sprays in Pure Sunshine, Lemon Zest and Squeezed Orange. Which was fine except that with the wood color and the gesso, it muted the color of the inks which is no good for Maggi cause Maggi likes BRIGHT COLORS THAT ARE TOTALLY IN YOUR FACE...


So I just kept layering the gesso and spraying it down till I got a good (to me) color base. On the plus side, I smooshed the plaque into my art journal to use up the excess gesso and ink. Having your art journal handy while you're working on something else is a great way to use up supplies you might have otherwise wiped up or washed off.


Anyhoo, back to this plaque. I thought I was doing pretty good, decided to add some Mail Art washi tape AND tried stamping again. I was in the ZONE! Slinging inks around, making gesso my slave, stamping like nobody's business. Then I looked up from my artistic frenzy to see what I hath brought forth and saw this:


EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. No, no way, we are NOT leaving this! Luckily the ink was still wet so I just took a paper towel and wiped it. It left some behind but that's cool as it adds interest. That's what I told myself anyway. :P So I walked away and watched some Doctor Who (which is actually the reason I'm blogging about this today and not yesterday) and when I came back, decided to change some things around...


and that was all there was to it. :D

4 comments:

  1. LOL!! You crack me up!! This turned out AWESOME!! LOVING the colors and I think the quote is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :D It's been so fun to experiment and see what happens. :D

      Delete
  2. Love it, and the art journal awesomeness, so bright and yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails