Monday, July 15, 2013

Creating in Stages

Hi everyone! Hope y'all had a great weekend! We saw "Pacific Rim" yesterday, pretty entertaining if you like super ginormous monsters fighting super ginormous robots...which we do. :P Anyhoo, nothing finished to show off today BUT I'm getting some layers done. :D

At the end of the week I got a package that was COVERED in stamps, apparently the postage meter thingie was busted which is an AWESOME score for a creative scavenger like myself. :D So I immediately cut all the stamps off of the box and since it was still sticky on the back, I just grabbed my art journal and stuck them down on one of the inked up pages I did earlier:


I left it for a while, not sure if I wanted to finish ink spraying all of the other pages first or what. But in the end, I got bored and decided just to start layering on this background a bit. I slapped on a little gesso and when I realized I had used too much (of course), I scraped some off (which I then turned around and mooshed onto another art journal page in a different book, nothing goes to waste! LOL) and then used a baby wipe to thin out some areas so the yellow on the stamps would show through again.


Then I took a bit of orange and gold paints and stencilled using PVC punchinella. I'm nowhere near finished with this spread but it's a lot fun to just stick stuff down in the moment and come back later. :D

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm so glad to see you!! Read you...you know what I mean. ;) BEAUTIFUL colors and SCORE on those stamps. Awesome!! Happy to see all the creativity and fun. SO SO inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to get proper stamps these days isn't it? I fear they are dying out! LOVE what you did with yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking really cool, Maggi. I love the bright colors - and those stamps look great on the pages. Can't wait to see how you complete it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails