Friday, July 26, 2013

금요일 밤 Fab Five: Movie Night!

Hi everyone and welcome to another Friday Night Fab Five where I list 5 things I'm obsessed with and this week it's ALL about foreign films which I've become addicted to hardcore lately. lol You can stream a lot of excellent international movies on Netflix, here's my current top 5:

1. Castaway on the Moon (South Korea)

credit

Castaway on the Moon is an excellent, super fun movie about a guy who tries to kill himself by jumping off a bridge (just trust me, it gets fun) but instead of dying, he ends up washed up on the shore of a conservation island thingie in the middle of the Han River.

2. Love in Space (Hong Kong)

credit

Love in Space is an adorable romantic movie about three sisters and their love lives, one of which actually does happen in space. :D

3. Baby and Me (South Korea) *called Baby and I in some versions*

credit

Okay so in Baby and Me, this 18 year old boy turns around to discover a baby in his shopping cart. Very funny, very sweet and this baby is the cutest baby I've ever seen. Seriously, don't tell my kids, that's how cute.

4. Sad Movie (South Korea)

credit

Don't kid yourselves, this movie is exactly what it says it is: Sad Movie. Don't be like me and forget halfway through that they call it "Sad Movie" or you will be blindsided when it's over and be depressed for a week. *sniff* Still worth watching though. :D

5. Boys Over Flowers (South Korea)

Credit

Okay so this is not a movie but I HAVE to mention Boys Over Flowers. This is a manga series that was made into a couple different TV versions in different countries along with an anime series and a couple of movies. The Korean TV version is my favorite adaptation. Loved loved loved watching this show about a middle class girl sent to a rich exclusive high school.

And that's it! Another Fab Five for the ages! It occurred to me while writing this that with the exception of Love in Space, everything is from Korea so maybe I should have just made this Korea's Fab Five. lol At any rate, all these are available for streaming on Netflix (at least in the US at the time of this writing they are) so I encourage you to check them out! Or if you have a favorite foreign film, let me know in the comments, I'm always looking for a good movie! :D

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Is there a particular station these are played on??? They all look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to have to see if Netflix UK has these, especially that first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are watching these movies and can review them for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the suggestions. If you recommend them they must be really good! Have a fun week watching more flicks!!

    Blessings, Edie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well !!! There is a couple of them here, I may watch.Thank you for bringing these to my attention,
    XXOO Marie Antoinette

    ReplyDelete