Skip to main content

Bombshell

Hi everyone!

Wait, is it REALLY already October tomorrow??? YIKES. 2013 is just barreling on through, isn't it?

Anyhoo, I've got this new art journal page hanging out over on the Gauche Alchemy blog today. Remember that green page I shared last week? Well, this is the right hand side that I had started first, it's now finished too! lol


I started with one of my previously misted backgrounds and decided to use this vintage hair net envelope that I've had forever. The vintage stars came from a magazine (I love ripping out interesting pages and pictures before recycling magazines!)

I used a bunch of washi tapes from Gauche Alchemy: newspaper collage, black scrolling vine, black bold floral and black architectural flower.

I actually did quite a bit of stamping on this page, which if you know me, you know that stamps and all that are not my strong suit and I tend to back away from them in terror. That being said, ever since I started doing more art journaling, stamping has become something I automatically do...go stamps! :P

Comments

  1. Gorgeous!!! LOVING the hair net package and the tags!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggi this is sooo fab! I love all the stars you cut from the mags and I especially love all your stamping! Their glittery clothing is perfect and of course, washi tape always gets my attention!
    Great to see you posting your work!
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh... I really love the stamped tags! And the touch of glitter! *winks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Y! It was fun to get the Stickles out again. LOL

      Delete
  4. Wonderful, artistic creation! I love the glamour of the past. Girls and guys always looked so put together!

    Blessings & Aloha!
    (Yay!!! I am so glad that I could help out by letting you know about your blogger profile. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment