Skip to main content

That's Life

Hi everyone!

I'm sort of on an art journal roll here lately, got another finished page to show you today. :D The funny thing about this page is: I was actually working on the right hand side of the two page spread but while I was waiting for some ink to dry on the right side, I started fiddling with the left side and ended up finishing that one instead of the other. lol


I started with one of my already misted backgrounds (this one was a couple of greens) and added some stenciling using chalk inks and various sizes of round punchinella. (A trick I got from Peg, thanks Peg!) I also took a 50s background stamp and added a little more to the background.

The vintage picture was a gift from Julie and all of the green-y doodads came from Gauche Alchemy's Envy Mixed Media Color Kit. It still felt a little "blank" to me so I added some washi tape.


I'm having a lot of fun with this journal. Especially with most of the backgrounds already being sprayed down, it makes it a lot easier to pick up, glue some stuff and come back later to finish. :D

Comments

  1. This looks AWESOME!!!! LOVING that you could use the photo and loveeeeeeeeee the green and the Jimminy Cricket!!!! (hmmmm not sure if that's how you spell his name! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie! And thanks again for the pictures! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment