Skip to main content

Art Journaling: We All Shared

Hi everyone!

All this month on the Gauche Alchemy blog, we're talking about art journaling. Finished pages, processes, tutorials and tips, everything you need to either get started or maybe add something new to your journaling arsenal. :D

Recently it seems like all I've been working on is varying stages of my art journals, lol, so I'm going to share a finished page today!


This page actually started as a challenge: in using ink mists to start on the backgrounds, some of the ink bleed through from the other side. Don't mind me, I have a heavy ink trigger finger apparently. lol So my gorgeous red background went blech. Bummer!


So here's an easy way to work with it: cover it up with paper. In your FACE, mistake!


Now, it just so happened that I had this page of ephemera that was one whole article so I ripped it all up horizontally and then pasted it down with Mod Podge in crooked strips, using part of the article title as the focal point for my page.

I took some various colors of Dylusions ink sprays, opened the bottles and tapped on some splatter on the background. I stamped through the light bulb mask from UmWowStudio but upside down and only half of it to make a sort of sun-looking shape.


And then I....well...actually I let it sit there for days as I had no clue where the heck to go from here. Usually when that happens, I start adding on a crap ton of washi tape. LOL I just picked according to colors and started layering. Then I remembered I had the super cute UmWowStudio layered clouds so I finger painted some gesso on them and then sprayed with some Dylusions blues.

And that's pretty much where I stopped! lol


Thanks for taking a peek! Make sure to head over to the Gauche Alchemy blog for some art journaling inspiration all this month! It really is SO MUCH FUN!

Comments

  1. Oh I really love this page Maggi. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love using lots of colors. lol

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous!! LOVING the sun and the book paper you added!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Book paper and ephemera is a big go to supply for me. lol

      Delete
  3. Wow it looks meant to be! Great writing style too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love when mistakes turn for the better! lol

      Delete
  4. How wonderful when mistakes turn into creative art. I am also heavy on the ink and sometimes end up covering the back of the page with a selection on my washi tapes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Washi tapes are a good one! I'll have to remember that! :D

      Delete
  5. oh baby! There's a lot of goodness on this bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you DeeDee! I just loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee UmWowStudio stuff! :D

      Delete
  6. Very cool! Glad you showed that mistake who was boss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mistake...what mistake! This page it fab! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL...You always made me laugh.I love that you said...I don't know where I go from here...to funny...cause.I do that too.But I reall do love how you covered the bleed though.I've done that too.
    With that...
    I would like to invite you to Sherry's and my blog. We have something special to show you. We hope you will enjoy your visit.
    Merry Christmas and best wishes for the New Year,
    Marie Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so sweet to me, Marie Antoinette, thank you so much! :) you never fail to put a smile on my face. I love the blog collab you're doing, thanks for inviting me over! I need to start visiting more often!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment