Thursday, January 9, 2014

Blooming

Hi everyone!

So merry Christmas and happy new year to you and yours! I hope that...okay fine, totally missed every 2013 holiday on the blog and now it's 2014. Ah well, I'll try harder this year to keep this place updated more often. :D

In other news, here's my first art journal page in the new year!


I've been posting peeks on my Instagram, wow so easy to post stuff there on the fly! lol But here's the whole thing! :D


Almost everything I used on this page was from Gauche Alchemy's Kokeshi Kit. I started out with one of the pre-misted pages in my art journal and then added some paper, napkin and punchinella stenciling.


I did a lot of fussy cutting for this one and let me be totally honest: I do NOT like fussy cutting. I'm just not that patient most of the time. lol But this time I sucked it up and cut out sections of the beautiful fabric that comes with the kit as well as some My Little Shoebox overlays I had in my stash.


Okay, can I just tell you how disappointed I was to discover that those white flowers were OVERLAYS and not RUB ONS?! Ack, so yeah, my vision of these grungy looking flowers went away when I realized I'd have to cut out and then glue down the flowers like they are. lol


That being said, it gave me a chance to add some Stickles to them which popped them out a little more so it all worked out. lol

I hope your new year has started off with a creative BANG! :D

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the flowers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love how the napkin pieces integrate into the page and how the colors you used reinforce the theme. It's terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maggi!
    So good to see you post!! Your project looks great Maggi. Your layering is really nice. I don't know too much about how to do it but I love to see it. Hope your holidays were merry and bright!
    Hugs & blessings,
    Edie Marie













    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails