Monday, March 24, 2014

Mixed Media Blythe Style

Hi everyone!

Yes, I know, I know...it's like a glitter filled ghost town around here. Funny enough, I HAVE been making stuff, I HAVE been doing fun "life" stuff but for whatever reason, it just hasn't translated into frequent blog updates like I used to do. *sigh* Actually, I'm just going to come right out and say it: It's Instagram's fault. There, I said it. It's just so easy to take a shot with my phone, type in blah blah blah and get out. lol It's a shame...but the silver lining is that this week I'll be around the blog so yay! lol Anyhoo, look at what I made!


So I had this 8x10 canvas on which I randomly put pieces of masking tape and then covered in gesso, I really globbed it on in places so I'd have a nice raised texture here and there. Then I took off the tape and it was a week (literally) of spraying on Dylusions inks, then water, then inks, then dry, then come by, spray and walk away. lol I added some torn pieces of music paper.


I've found that lately, I only have time to create in bits and pieces. Which on the one hand, helps from being artistically frustrated, but on the other hand, it takes me months to finish anything. LOL Ah well. The longest part was the background, lots of layering and such, including some Gauche Alchemy washi tape, lace and punchinella. I used some heart punchinella as a stencil using chalk inks and then some small pieces of pink punchinella attached as an accent to a Blythe doll picture I took a while back. :)



Of course, my favorite "finishing" move is to add washi tape around the edges of my canvas. Makes it complete to me. :D


Thanks for looking! Here's hoping I'll see you again this week! :D

8 comments:

Thank you for visiting Just Add Glitter and Stir and for taking the time to comment! I've changed the comments area so I can reply directly, let's get the conversation started! :D

Have a glittery day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails