Monday, May 5, 2014

Art Journal: Best Voice Forward

Hi everyone!

Yikes, April got away from me, didn't it? lol Well, April is not my favorite month quite frankly so I tend to just ignore it all together. lol Ah well....here's an art journal page I FINALLY finished...and it only took me two months! LOL


So okay...I had decided to use this picture of Lucy (one of my Blythe dolls) "stepping" in the rain. I started out with one of my previous inked up backgrounds and a "rain" type scene but used the color scheme of her dress vs typical rainy day colors. I used some Dylusions ink sprays, white acrylic paint and Art Anthology dimensional paint on UmWowStudio chipboard cloud confetti.

Everything was going well but I just couldn't get it to come together. (Although washi tape from Gauche Alchemy helped, I love putting different patterns together!) So I did what I always do: walk away, come back and do a bit, walk away. Except that I did a lot more walking away than coming back this time. LOL


I added a little pattern with a Dylusions stencil and chalk ink. I found this scrap piece of ephemera with "best voice forward" on it. Lucy's got her foot forward so I thought...WORD PLAY! Ha! But honestly, I think I was so tired looking at this page that I just said, "Screw it" and started gluing everything down. Sometimes you just have to let it go...it'll all work out in the end. :)

Have a great day! <3

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! LOVEEEEEEEEEEE the colors and the clouds!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right, sometimes you just have to stop thinking about it, suck it up and stick it down!

    Love this page - colours, washi (WASHI!!!!), ephemera and play on words - what's not to love :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SUPER adorable Maggi! Nice to see you still creating all kinds of "CuTeNeSS" and thank you for your sweet comment. Hugs to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails