Monday, May 12, 2014

Mixed Media Ballet

Hi everyone!

So Toot is finishing up her first year of ballet at a new dance school:


We wanted to give her teacher a gift to thank her for a great year, which of course I didn't think about until the last minute. lol Luckily, I had recently gotten a couple of these $1 5x5 kids craft canvases, so I grabbed one of those and got busy! (Creatively, that is.)


I had a couple of false starts with this one but I started with a layer of gesso, Dylusions inks and a couple of torn pieces of sheet music. I found this quote online, "Life without ballet is pointeless" Ha, word play! Perfect! So we went from there to here:


I stamped a little through an UmWowStudio mask and outlined some hearts with a white journaling pen. I decided to add some bits from a rub-on, some beautiful music washi tape around the edges andddddddddddddddddddddddddd done!


My fingers are crossed that Toot's teacher will enjoy this little canvas! :D

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh what an amazing transformation!! I love love love love it!! Pinning!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fabulous, I'm sure her teacher will adore it! LOVE the quote too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails