Friday, May 30, 2014

Friday Night Fab Five

Hi everyone and welcome to another Friday Night Fab Five where I list 5 things I love during any given week. This week, well I don't think there's a theme...wait, maybe the theme is love because I love all of these things. sing*womp womp womp*/sing :P

1. Peeps


When I was a kid (i.e.-"Back in my day..."), the only time you could get Peeps was at Easter and you got a choice between a chick and a bunny in either yellow or pink. Seriously, kids. Not so these days where you can get your choice of color, during every holiday in multiple shapes and loads of flavors. Some people hate change but I say that having Peeps almost year round was the best thing to ever happen to this country. Okay, that might be an overstatement...

2. ASMR

Okay so ASMR stands for auto...uh...sense..mmmm...response...well, it stands for something intelligent sounding that I'm too lazy to look up right now. Long story short, I call it "the chills". Like when someone brushes your hair, tickles your back, whispers in your ear...if you get the chills or "tingles", your response is called ASMR. Hey, look at that, I found a link for you, no lazy here!



Anyhoo, apparently there's this whole community on YouTube that create videos specifically to trigger this response. They're actually a lot fun to watch and can relax you before going to bed. My current favorite is GentleWhispering.

3. Josephine Foster



I love finding new music to obsess over, ESPECIALLY if said music or musician inspires me creatively. And so it is with Josephine Foster. Her voice, her style...ah, I don't even know how to describe it but she's awesome.

4. Apollo's Angels

Image

Apollo's Angels by Jennifer Homans is a history of ballet and it is a fantastic book. I read the introduction alone multiple times because of her beautiful writing style. If you have any interest in ballet and where it came from, how it started, this is an excellent addition to your library.

5. Art Journaling

I blogged about this page HERE

I talk about art journaling a lot and it's been just about the only thing I've worked on lately but I just can't help it. It's so freeing and fun. I don't "journal" in the technical sense. I'm more of a "make a page whenever I feel like it" type of art journaler. lol But it's a blast and I find myself gravitating towards to my craft room more and more as of late.

And that's it, another Friday Night Fab Five on the books! What are your favorites this week?

2 comments:

  1. DUDE!!! Did you try the chocolate dipped PEEPS they had at Easter!!!?!?!?!??!!??!?! I HEART them sooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails