Skip to main content

An Exciting Story

Hi everyone!

I've got another art journal page for you today, filled with Dylusions inks, washi tape, stenciling (via punchinella, a Dyan Reaveley stencil and a paper doily) with chalk inks and all sorts of What-the-Heck haphazardry. lol


I started with the washi tape and stenciled border and was stuck until finding this picture of Marilyn Monroe reading a book (which I've had for the LONGEST time). The best part was that her top sort of matched a patterned in one of the washi tapes so she was born to be on this page as far as I'm concerned. LOL Thanks for getting rid of the block on this one, Marilyn!

I really wanted her to be sitting on a stack of books but me no draw so good so I did the next best thing (i.e. - creative cheating, lol) which was cutting out flat oval-y shapes from old book pages and then "sketching" the outlines and writing in titles. lol


I love this page because books were everything to me when I was younger. There's nothing like reading a truly exciting story. :) This one came together a little quicker than previous pages so maybe this is part of a trend of getting things created faster? One can dream! lol

Have a great day!

Comments

  1. Ohhhhhhh this is fabulous! LOVING that shot of Marilyn reading!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun! Love how she's sitting on those "books"!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment