Skip to main content

TuTu Cute Crocheted Bag

Hi everyone!

I've got a crochet project for you today. :) Toot is way into ballet now so I started looking around for ballet themed crochet patterns. Funny enough, I didn't find that much that wasn't slippers or wrap tops. lol But I did find this sweet (and free) TuTu Cute bag pattern on the Love of Crochet website. (My Ravelry page for this project is HERE.)


I was surprised to learn that the whole thing is made with tulle. I've never crocheted with tulle before but I found it pretty easy to work with and it gave the bag a super durable feel.


I made a couple of changes, like tying the handles at the bottom with a bow instead of tying them at the shoulder. I was worried Toot would just end up untying them all the time. lol I also added extra tulle along the bottom for the "tutu" and cut it short so that it would be extra fluffy. lol


The bag itself is made flat but is actually pretty roomy thanks to the stretch of the tulle. All in all, a very easy pattern and a quick hook up. :) The end result is super cute and I'd love to make more in different color combos!

Comments

  1. OMYGOSH!!!! This is GORGEOUS!! Pinning!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol it is delightful Maggi!! SOOOOOO cute and original! I like the fluffy tule at the bottom. So this was what you were crocheting with the tule lol. DARLING <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, this was it, Lolo! lol Thanks so much! :D

      Delete
  3. Maggie, you've got some mad hookin' talent, girl! This bag is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love being a hooker! LOL Thanks! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment