Monday, July 28, 2014

The Essence of Joy

Hi everyone!

I'm in the weeds right now trying to get ready to leave for Blythe Con this week! But before all that, I wanted to share a wall hanging I made for a friend. I started with one of those $1 paper type canvases, it had a picture of Tinkerbell on it. lol I wanted to just paint and ink over her but she is one tough broad and did NOT want to be covered up. lol Soooo I went to the napkins and Mod Podged that all over her fairy face.


Speaking of which, how come Tinkerbell lives in a place called Pixie Hollow, uses pixie dust but everyone calls her a fairy? I always thought of a pixie and a fairy as two different things but Tinkerbell seems to use them interchangeably and it bugs me for some reason.

Hmmm...

ANYWAY, she got covered up with paint and napkins. :P

See Tinkerbell's face and arm? lol

I was using a doll picture on the canvas so I went with orange and green to play off the colors in the picture. Doesn't make sense when I type it but in the end, I think those colors worked well together. lol


I used some black and white washi tape to offset my color combo. lol I also stenciled in some white chalk ink circles to break up the background a little bit. The "essence of joy" was one of my little magazine cutouts (I keep a bunch in a box for creative emergencies. ;) lol) And of course, I had to add some washi tape around the edges to finish things off:


My friend loved it (yay!) and I had so much fun making something for her to enjoy. :D

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow!!!! This is gorgeous!!!! I loveeeeeeee it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah this is fab!! Glad you finally won your battle with Tinkerbell :-P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails