Monday, June 1, 2015

Rainy Day Shawl

Shawls, shawls, shawls! I can't get enough of them this year! lol So I decided to try some yarn from Wolle's which specializes in "color changing" cotton yarn. This experience was new for me in that the color changes happened, not by one strand of color transitioning into the next color, but with the next color strand tying into the other strands and gradually replaces the first color strands until the color changed and then the next color was introduced.

Wolle's Color Changing Cotton

Clear as mud? Well, that's not the yarn's fault, I've had some wine while typing this post. Speaking of which, try typing "transitioning" after having a glass. I'm just saying...

ANYWAY.

I made this shawl, POW!



This shawl marked the first time I incorporated beads and while I love the finished look, I did NOT like putting all those beads on. I'm a lazy hooker I guess. It was also the first time I used this color scheme for a shawl. This was definitely not my usual pick of COLOR OMG COLOR ON IT ALL MORE!!!!!!!!!! lol But, in the end, I think it turned out nice. :D



I told my kids these mats were for them but I seriously just bought them so I could block shawls. I bear no guilt.


"You won't post this online, right?" No mom, give me a little credit, geez!

The pattern I used was True Love by Michele DuNaier, one of my current crochet idols. I swear, if you're looking for an easy pattern that looks complicated, you need look no further than her patterns. She is awesome!

3 comments:

  1. hehehehe ... loving the Mom quote!! Gorgeous shawl!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is just gorgeous! And the beads may have been a pain to string, but the impact is incredible :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...you don't see those around much anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails