Friday, February 5, 2016

Friday Night Fab Five: How To Do Art Stuff

So this post went up on Thursday for some reason. LOL Oh well!

Hi everyone! Wow, it's been a while on this, right? lol No matter, I'm back now with another Friday Night Fab Five where I list 5 things I like, love or like just not in that way for the week. This week I'm going to share some cool artsy tutorial/walkthrough videos I found on You Tube. I've been looking around to find new things to try and although I haven't done every thing in all of these videos (yet), I thought I'd share ones I enjoyed watching recently. :D

1. 10 Basic Background Techniques for Art Journaling from Jodi Thompson


Link to video

I really loved this video and cannot WAIT to try some of this stuff. With every step I kept saying, "Wait, but that was awesome don't cover it up!!!" Then after she was done I kept saying, "Of course!" Lots of good techniques here and they look like fun all layered like this.

2. Art Journal - Layering Technique from Iris Fritschi-Cussens


Link to video

This is the same video I referenced in my Mixed Media Space Oddity but it bears repeating, this one was a lot of fun to do! I would love to try it again after I get a gelli plate. I will definitely be using masking tape more often in my journals!

3. River Song Tardis Journal | DIY from ellawelly


Link to video

Being a big Doctor Who fan and a big book/journal fan, I really really really want to give this one a try soon! If nothing else, I'd love to start making my own art journals...or at least make one once. lol

4. Dylusions Art Journaling Creating a Page - Part 1 from Ranger Ink


Link to video

An oldie but goodie, this is what sparked a lot of my art journal backgrounds. I basically had a bunch of ink sprays and had no clue how to use them. lol I love this video and still use the ink/smoosh technique for most of my backgrounds. lol

5. Scrap Time - Ep. 657 - Art Journaling Techniques with Dyan Reaveley from ScrapTimeVideos


Link to video

Another video with Dyan, I just LOVE watching things come together. In the past I've wondered how in the world people can create these beautiful layers that build up into beautiful projects. This video is a great walkthrough and I really like the gesso stenciling.

And there you have it, an all new Friday Night Fab Five! What were your favorites this week?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing....I'm going to check them out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you watched any of Barbara Gray of Clarity Stamp's videos? I first found her videos when looking for gelli plate tutorials and I just adore her.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails