Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Illusion(s)

Hi everyone! Andddddddddd with this post I have officially blogged more in 2016 so far than I did in the whole of 2015. LOL

Anyhoo, I have a new art journal spread to share today, inspired by Marlene Dietrich and "Illusions"...



Of course, she offers multiple illusions and I'm only selling one. LOL ;)


And here she is, in all her layered glory...the journal spread that is, not Ms. Dietrich of course:


I really wish I had a picture of these pages before I did anything to them. The background was one of my Dylusions inks inked-up pages, I like to spray on a ton of ink, smoosh the pages together and just do that for a while in my journal before really creating anything. lol But these pages were junk, like the edges were turquoise but there was this black blotch right through the middle and it was gross. lol So I started layering and just did a lot of random stuff. lol


More sprays, stenciling, gesso, random bits of book pages, paper towel rings, flickin' stuff...you know...Chaos as usual. lol I made Ms. Dietrich's resting shelf out of Japanese fabric tape (thanks Chrissy!) and then added some weird collection of washi tape. I really love combining washi patterns that probably shouldn't go together. Just love it! lol


So from an initial background that sucked to hosting a Hollywood legend...Movin' on up! lol

3 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeeeee this! GORGEOUS colors and layers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, you rocked it! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails