Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Mixed Media Space Oddity

Hi everyone!

I have an art journal page for you today! It's full of layers and spacey goodness. lol In fact, let's get in the mood:



Okay, good. So I've been roaming around You Tube looking for new things to learn/try in my art journal. When I go AJ, I tend to be more "art" and less "journal". lol I call it art journaling because I'm journaling art, not necessarily my life or anything. lol Anyway, where was I? Oh right, to You Tube!

I found this neato layering video, I followed a lot of what she demonstrated except for using a gelli plate. I...er...well, I don't have one of those. lol (Soon, my pretty, SOON.)


(Here's a direct link to the video on You Tube.)

I really like how she started with tape and I'm always down to use paint on a paper tube. lol So off I went!

That was easy!
Then I sprayed over the tape with some Dylusions ink spray. I also smooshed the pages together to start another background for later. lol


I added some turquoise circles with the paper roll, then added Distress Stain around the edge of the page and splattered with more Dylusions ink spray.


I did some chalk ink stenciling with punchinella and once everything was dry, added more ink splatters.


Since I didn't have the gelli plate to finish off the background like in the video, I just kept picking at it until I made myself finish it up. lol I Mod Podged on a piece of sheet music with the words, "Oh I will take you back" with some burlap and punchinella and a fireworks labels. The sparkly thingie in the corner was a brad I attached to the burlap/punchinella.

I also went back over the sheet music, burlap and punchinella with the paper roll, to make it look like it's a part of the whole thing. lol


Sometimes it's hard for me to leave a lot of space and/or call something finished. A lot of times I think, well, it's good but I feel like there should be MORE. lol Do I add more or do I stop? This time I decided to stop. lol

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so stoked to see you back at gluing stuff onto stuff! I totally understand the white space dilemma and the struggle is REAL, y'all! Your page looks good and I'll be seeing what other magic you crank out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails