Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Then a Light Bulb Went Off

Hi everyone! New art journal page to share with you today:


I started with my usual Dylusions ink sprays on the background and then just started layering here and there. Added some stamping with bubble wrap, lots of splatters and messy things. lol I also used a tiny script handwriting stamp lightly all over the page.


I glued down some random pieces of paper in the corner. The pinup is an image transfer I did with packing tape. I'm still not a pro at doing transfers. lol But she came out pretty cool and I used an UmWowStudio stencil of a light bulb to give her an "idea". lol


Finished off with some washi tape, done and done! :D

I'm really into backgrounds lately. I've always felt like my backgrounds could be "more". I've finally ventured out and just continued to add. I can really tell a difference as I flip through this journal, some of the older pages are a little less..."messy". But it's neat seeing what things looked like versus now. And I hope to keep going, still think I could always use "more". lol

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing! LOVING the quote you used and the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I really like the pretty girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm linked to you -again- :) Love what you're doing...and want to try it...but I don't have all the stuff you use. Is there a beginner book or info. somewhere that tells what basic equipment is needed to create this kind of art? BTW I LOVE this art piece you've created :) FANTASTIC :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails