Friday, February 19, 2016

Shadowbox Ballet

Hi everyone!

I'll be running around like a crazy person today so there won't be a Friday Night Fab Five this week. Instead, I wanted to share a couple of shadowboxes I made to commemorate Toot's current years of ballet. I don't even want to tell you how long it took me to finally get around to making these...or how long it took for me to finally blog about them. LOL Ballet seasons run like school years so I used the end of season year for each one, since the pictures were taken then.

2013-2014

For as long as I waited, these were incredibly quick and easy to make! I used inexpensive shadowbox frames and fancied up the background with some punchinella stenciling.

For both, I had saved her ballet shoes and flowers she received after her recitals and for the one above, I saved the ribbon she wore in her hair and used it for more background decor.

2014-2015

I saved her "crown" comb for this one. Luckily, I still have a stock pile of Thickers so I used those for the years. lol I suppose I'll keep adding them as long as she'll keep dancing! (Or her feet get too big to fit in a frame. HA!)

!
On the wall!

3 comments:

  1. These look amazing! LOVING that you saved her flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Maggi...beautiful...and priceless :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely!! And look great when up! Looking back at these will be amazing when she's older!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails