Skip to main content

The Nontoxic Project: Take a Journey, Make a Mess

Hi everyone!

Time for an update, here's some progress on my first altered something or other for The Nontoxic Project.


Last week I mentioned that I found two two-page spreads that had no writing on them in my toxic journal. I left those bare so that I could alter them along with the shadowbox portion I had already glued up. The first spread is finished, let's check it out!


I started, of course, with some Dylusions ink sprays and the pages soaked.them.up. (Sidenote: I added gesso to the other two page spread to see if that will keep that from happening next time.) I also did some chalk ink punchinella stenciling and ink spray through a Dylusions stencil. I had an envelope that was dated 1936 that I've been holding onto so I used that as a pocket for the tag I made:


The tag is pretty simple: more Dylusions inks, stamping, stenciling, a Cosmo Cricket phrase sticker, and the witch was from a napkin. I don't make a lot of tags so this was fun to try out! The opposite page was pretty simple as well, I used vintage books pages on the background along with a playing card and picture of a lady along with my usual bizarre selection of washi tape. lol


I'll be sharing more of this work in progress as it comes along! In fact, would you like to join me? Do you have toxic things on your shelves or in your drawers (dresser drawers not the, you know, underwear kind) that needs a detox? Let's do this together!

Whatever you do, please do share with me!!! Leave a link in the comments, send me an email, @ me on Twitter or Instagram, let's clean out and reclaim together! :D

Time to detox...mixed media style! :D

Comments

Post a Comment